Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Save Money & Money Will Save You!

I have had moments where I've turned my nose up to coupons, I admit. I thought they were for cheap people and I figured myself to be above petty penny counting. But as time has gone on, I now prefer to keep an eye on where my pennies are spent. Maybe it's the mom in me? Maybe I have read too many books like "The Millionaire Next Door" and "The Richest Man in Babylon" which both preach living frugally to reach financial bliss? Or maybe it is The Live Richer Challenge that I'm on, lead by the homie, The Budgetnista?

I know what it is! I recently went into Walgreen's and the woman in front of me had a cart full of paper towels and a national shampoo brand. And I mean the cart was stacked! When she got the the register, she handed the cashier a wad of coupons. She get it ALL FOR FREE! There had to be $100 worth of merchandise. Astonished, I couldn't contain my gasp! She turned to me and said proudly, Coupons.com! She said she never pays for full price for anything and usually she saves so much money that the stores owe her! Not one to waste time, I immediately checked it out. The site is super easy to use from a computer or mobile device. You just pick the coupons you want by clicking on them and then, when ready, they all print together, several per sheet...which already saves you money on printer ink and paper! :)

I now save on everything from flowers, to clothes, to groceries, and well, practically everything.

I keep all paper coupons in an envelope that I have in my handbag and this way I am always ready to receive new coupons from the stores I shop at and use the coupons I have stashed. If you stay ready, you don't have to get ready.

Since seeing coupons in action, I have a new found respect for them. And because I love you, I am passing on the knowledge. Wishing you a prosperous 2015!

No comments:

Post a Comment