Monday, February 24, 2014

Nyah Beauty

Last Thursday, I had he surprise pleasure of dropping into the work studio of La Shonda Tyree's of Nyah Beauty, located in Paterson, New Jersey. La Shonda and I have been online friends for almost a decade but had never met in person. it was so wonderful to finally do so. She was such a warm, generous presence. Plus, my senses got their fill thanks to the scents and visual power of her natural, skin-loving cleasing bars of goodness! What I already knew about Nyah Beauty is that it is a luxurious, artisan soap brand that's been going strong for almost 15 years following the tradition of soapmaking in La Shonda's family. Nyah Beauty has goodies for men, women, children, and pets. Owner, La Shonda Tyree, also offers soapmaking classes.


What I learned since meeting her, is that she is dedicates 10% of her sales to ending the industry of child brides and has done more than talk the talk, she helped with the purchase of equipment needed for the organization to create their own soaps to sell in area hotels so that it could provide the finances needed to save young girls from a dreadful fate, some as young as 7 years of age.

If you need more reason to fall in love with the Nyah Beauty brand, just try any bar. While at her studio, I was chatting with a fashion photographer who has a studio down the hall fromLaShonda's and that brother made it plain. "It changed my life," Stefan said (www.kingboyett.tumblr.com) refering to the Wake Up Call bar.  http://nyahbeauty.com/shop/wake-up-call-natural-soap/

 I grabbed one of those for my own man. Gotta love a serious testimonial! Also, I got the Oatmeal facial bar to switch up my facial cleansing routine. I never, ever, ever use bar soap on my body, let alone my precious ;) face. But,  when I say its super gentle and nourishing, it really is. My face is pleased. Find out for yourself by shopping the Nyah Beauty website or find a retail location near you.
Inside the Nyah Beauty studio

Inside the Nyah Beauty studio
Nyah Beauty signage


http://nyahbeauty.com/

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for stopping by! Please don't be a stranger! It was great to finally meet you. I am glad you are enjoying the facial soap and have trusted me with the beautiful skin on your face! Peace & Blessings! La Shonda

    ReplyDelete