So to share the valuable resources that I am aware of, approx. once a month I will drop a "Round-Up" of art/design-related opportunities.
Here ya go:
- Furniture Designer Open Call: Heal's Discovers
- New online marketplace seeking emerging designers: Bezar
- NYC boutique is seeking emerging designers: Bene Rialto
- If you live in Jersey City: Jersey City Independent magazine is accepting art submissions for its cover.
- Workshop-Learn to host successful Pop-Up Shops from the pros on Wed, Jan 28th at 6:30pm in NYC: http://www.meetup.com/The-Emerging-Designer/events/219638973/
- Essence Music Festival is accepting artist/designers/crafters for vending in their Art Market in New Orleans this July: Apply here.
- Art competition: Japan Day @ Central Park. Win a trip to Japan, & more.
- 2 Week Artist Residency in Transylvania, Romania for fine artists.
- Showcase your crafts at AMERICAN FINE CRAFT SHOW.
- 2015 NewCourtland Artist Fellowship. Get $2500 plus supplies for engaging art-making to seniors in sites throughout Philadelphia in either Summer or Fall 2015. In order to apply, artists are asked to develop an intergenerational project that brings seniors from New Courtland programs together with school age children/teens to create a meaningful experience and a high quality artistic project.
- LaunchPad Call for Submissions For independent designers and small companies, who seek a manufacturer for their new products.
Best of luck! Need an extra boost of motivation? View this vid!